Tips on how to get the best out of your items brought from ‘Elm Boutique UK’
Washing Garments with Heat Transfers.
Washing our items which are decorated with heat transfer vinyl graphics involves a little more than separating white garments from colored fabrics:
- To protect the heat transfer applique from abrasion as garments rub together during the wash cycle, turn the garment inside out.
- Before washing, wait 24 hours after heat transfer vinyl application.
- Wash the garment at low or warm water temperature settings. Refer to the washing instructions on the garment label and the product application guide for the heat transfer material. In the ideal world, like fabrics should be separated and washed together.
- Use a mild detergent. Never use chlorine bleach.
- NOTE:Do not dry clean garments decorated with heat transfer vinyl graphics.
Drying Garments with Heat Transfer Vinyl Appliques.
The high heat in driers can cause much more damage to heat applied graphics than washing. To prevent heat damage to appliques, follow these tips:
- To protect the image from abrasion as garments rub against each other, turn it inside out.
- Tumble dry on the low temperature setting. (So clothes can actually tumble as they dry, never overstuff the drier. This practice will also minimize wrinkles.)
- Don’t overdry your clothes. Remove clothes from the dryer while they are slightly damp. Put clothes on hangers for final drying. Better yet, hang your clothes to dry on an old-fashioned clothes line. (Do not hang garments outside in the sun to dry or the UV light will accelerate the fading process.)
Ironing Garments with Heat Transfer Vinyl.
When ironing a garment decorated with a heat transfer vinyl or polyurethane graphic, turn the garment inside out or cover the graphic with cotton cloth. If a hot iron touches the heat transfer vinyl or polyurethane film, it will melt the film, ruining the graphics!